Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feels like Vacation & Cookies!

Everything looks so pretty in the snow!
We have been making cookies, watching movies and enjoying each other's company. I love having Loren home (one of the reason's I have had time to blog so much). Not only does he help out with the kids a ton, but he cracks me up. I love him and am grateful for all he does for our family! Loren, Max and Gracie have been having a lot of fun playing in the snow and sledding. Having kids makes you feel like a kid in the snow.

Being home and not able to go a ton of places kind of makes me feel like we are on vacation. Why, I'm not sure, but feeling like our daily routine of errands and other things can't happen makes it feel like that. We are enjoying being home in our warm house. Every time I go outside in the cold and come back in I am reminded how lucky and blessed we are to have a warm, cozy home. It makes me think of all the people who don't have that and it reminds me how much I need to be thankful for what God has given us.
Making a gingerbread house with Auntie and Uncle
That is Max & Cole in front and Gracie is on the side of the house!
Our new center piece, but it's getting smaller by the day! Yummy!
Sugar cookies in the making
Sugar cookies! How fun.
Construction was done on the house! Lots of work and candy!

I love making traditions with our own family. After we were done with the gingerbread house Loren started on the sugar cookies. Fun times at the Ellingson house. I made my first gingerbread house last year with friends so this year it was fun to see Max so excited to make his first. We were supposed to have a Christmas party at school and make them but school was canceled due to weather, bummer.


I am trying to make our camera work since so many things are happening right now. It's liking taking pictures blindly since I can't see what I am taking, well I can see a corner, but that is it. It is so funny to try and take pictures and have no idea how it is turning out. Luckily I am not wasting film.

4 comments:

The Scheuffele Family said...

Those cookies look mighty tasty...I might have to eat some (if there's any left, that is!). I heard about the "farting frosting" with the house...looks like fun!!! Cole cracks me up in the Bumbo on the table. Ha!

Elaina E. Bruhn said...

Looks like a load of fun! So happy to see your family all smiles ALL the time.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

So nice to have your hubby home!! Love the baking ideas...makes me wish I had bought some of the fixins while I was out..

Mel

Alisha said...

I am glad that you get to spend extra time with your hubby. Your gingerbread house and cookies look very tastey!