Monday, December 08, 2008

30...really...no, no...I am not old enough!

To your surprise I did not wake up feeling the way this picture looks! I feel more like the picture on a crazy day with 2 boys who haven't slept. All I can say is...you never feel your age. As a little girl I remember thinking 30 seemed so old and never felt like I would be 30 anytime soon...well it is here and I am embracing it. Last night I kept thinking how this is my last day in my 20's which is so weird because so much happens in your 20's, well at least it did for me. I lived on my own, met my husband, had 2 kids... and many things in between all of that. I feel like my 30's will be great and I am really excited to be all grown up now...because that's how I have always felt the 30's are...they're for grown ups.

So now that I am officially grown up a few things I hope to do in this new stage of life...learn to eat better, get healthier, be a better wife, better mom, teach our kids about who Jesus Christ is, go on a mission trip, travel to Europe and many other places, continue to be happily married! I would like to work on not being so fast paced and take time to SLOW down and really enjoy life...patience...can you work on that with a 3 year old...well it's worth a try.
Birthdays are a fun time to reflect on the past year and to improve what's ahead and 30 seems to be really doing that for me. I am very happy with where my life has gone, for sure I wish I could travel more, cook better and have a perfectly clean house all the time and lose the baby weight, but as far as life in general goes I am very pleased with where my 20's brought me to and it's only going to get better. The stuff that really matters...family, friends and faith...that is what's important and what means the most to me! God is good and has given me more than I could have imagined and continues to bless me...maybe not according the worlds standards, but to His and with all of that I am pleased and extremely thankful.

8 comments:

Sean, Angela & Ava said...

Happy Birthday Jill! You don't look a day over 29! Hope you had a great day!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Bless you pretty lady and the journey into a new century! I am very glad that we reconnected late in our 20's. All the best on your birthday..I realized that I should have covered dessert on our night out as an early b-day present. I am officially a jerk...but will make it up to you :)

Mel

Kristen Dacey said...

What a great post, Jill. I love your perspective, and your heart! You are an amazing lady, wife, mom and friend, and I am excited for this new season in your life! Let's get together soon and celebrate 30 years... wow... I've known you for almost half of your life now! :) I'll email you soon with some potential dates... I miss ya!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!!

McCray Family said...

Happy Birthday! I hear the 30's are the best! You will bring it in with such spunk I am sure!

Mama G said...

Welcome to your 30's!!! It's really not that bad...but I do fill like i'm older now...30 seems so much older than 29. But, you look like you are still 25, no fair!

Ang said...

Happy Birthday Girlfriend!!!

Alisha said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, welcome to the 30 club! You're right, we are grown ups now. =)