Hi Friends! Just had some time and figured I would say HELLO! Max is sleeping and Marigold, the little girl I watch just left. My favorite time of day is nap time and bed time, not because I love it when Max sleeps... it's just a time for me to relax and unwind, you know what I'm talking about right.
Some exciting news, the baby has starting kicking stronger the last couple of days. I have been feeling movement for a little while now, but very light and last night in the middle of the night I was awaken by his kicks...I LOVE IT. Today he was kicking and it was very obvious kicks...there is nothing better then seeing & hearing the heartbeat and feeling movement inside and know that it is life inside of you. God is amazing. Yesterday someone had sent me a link to youtube and it was National Geographic - In the Womb. There are are 9 episodes that are 10 minutes long...its amazing. God is amazing!!! I can't believe all of that happens! Its a beautiful thing.
I must be having the nesting bug or its that I am getting nervous about what 2 kids will do to my house...either way, stuff is happening at the Ellingson house! I am getting rid of stuff that I have held onto for way too long, many goodwill trips to drop donations off. The best thing is that I am parking in the garage. We haven't parked in the garage since we were newly married. We can only get 1 car in there due to stuff in the garage and the yukon is too big. I love that Max and I can stay dry while we are getting loaded up. I have told Loren we have to do this when both kids are here and to my surprise...it happened a lot earlier than I though it would. We are making progress...yippeeeee! We are also cleaning out the office which will be Maxwell's new room. In this process I have been reminded why I want a new, bigger house because we have NO, and I mean NO storage here. I am getting creative and using spaces that I have not used wisely before. My thought process is with 2 kids life will not be easier so I need to simplify and get rid of stuff so there will be less for me to worry about, plus with no extra room, there is no where to put stuff. I am feeling free and excited about this, less clutter, more simplified lifestyle!
I'm getting excited to put Max's big room together. Did I tell you we took one of the sides off his crib so he is sleeping in what we call his "Big Boy Bed"...figured it would be a great transition before a bigger bed. He did fall out a couple of times but Loren put one of the crib bumpers on the side and it has been great. I love that we know what Max loves so we can create a room for him, just him. When your creating a babys room you don't know them yet so you can't totally personalize it so this is fun that we now get to do this for him. We have found a really cool fire truck toddler bed that Max would LOVE! We will be doing all of that when I get the room totally cleared, which I still need to figure out where to put everything, but we are on our way and every day we get closer. Fun times, fun times.
Hope your enjoying your week! Until next time...
13 years ago
3 comments:
I can so relate, with us trying to buy a new house that is one of the things I am looking at. I had never thought about it until we moved into our house and realized there is no where to put anything! I loved decorated Ben's room, it is so much fun.
Ya well we got a bigger house and we still don't have enough room!! It really never ends, but you are wise to get rid of the junk, no matter the size of your house that will make it feel bigger.
I'm so excited that you are feeling the kicks....God really is amazing, how lucky are we that we get to be the vessels to bring His children into the world! You are doing great, get some pics of your cute little belly on here soon! And more of MAX...I miss his cute little face!
Yes seriously, we need some more pictures :-) I am so excited to start feeling this baby kick around in me too. Won't be long... I started feeling both my other two around 11-12 weeks. Good luck with the organizations... mine has already begun too. I've going through all my photos, printing them, putting them in albums and some in frames, etc. Also got our garage cleaned out so we can park in it again :-) And I went through all my clothes and had a HUGE goodwill pile. Sure feels nice to make more space!
Post a Comment