Yes, yes...the Ellingson family had a lot to celebrate today! Max went POTTY on the POTTY today, twice...twice. I was thrilled. I think Max wasn't sure what to think when I reacted, but how could I not be thrilled? I have been telling him for so long that when he pee-pee's on the potty he will get candy. Well why I would think anything would be different today since everyday since I have shown him the potty and talked about candy he has wanted to sit on it thinking he would get candy even though he would never pee in the potty. This morning I was taking his night diaper off and getting him dressed and as usual he wanted to go potty so he did and to my surprise there was pee in there....oh it's weird I know that I get so excited about pee in the potty but the thought of only having ONE child in diapers is so thrilling to me, not just the FREE time it will save me but also the $$$! So for the moms out there I know you will understand it and for those who don't have kids yet, you will understand how exciting when your turn comes around...it is weird I agree, but it's really exciting. Now I'm realistic that tomorrow he might not do it at all, but just the 2 times he did it today gives me hope that my goal of potty training before baby #2 is here could be a reality! A mom can wish! Well whatever happens this is a day to mark on your calendars, ok well maybe I am the only who will actually be marking my calendar for the joyous occasion, but had to share the happy news.Finally I am on my desktop so I can add some random picture of the last month or so. Enjoy...
My neice Natty and Max on Nat's 4th Birthday Dinner...she was helping Max look at the camera! She is such a great big cousin. Max's face cracks me up!
The new thing Max is doing since we took the rail off his crib is to get all his books, toys and whatever else he can grab and fill the crib with it. Nap time is so fun now! I had to get picture of this because it makes me laugh. Right by the red book in the lower left corner...a clock...yah anything and everything!
I was taking a shower and I came down to this...this has never happened before. I guess I just fill his day with many fun things.
We had a blast at the Olympia Children's Museum...and Max loves this truck.
Erin and I...the boys loves playing at the Museum and we loved cacthing up. Fun Times...
In the middle of playing Max likes to take a break for some music...it makes me laugh becaus its in the gift shop and he will just walk over and play and then go back to checking the rest of the museum out. He is a funny boy.
I have a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday which is always a highlight. As of today I am officially half way through this pregnancy which is crazy to me, but very exciting. I have started taking Max and Marigold out on the days that I watch Marigold and it is helping me get excited and used to the idea of 2 kids. It’s so great to be able to feel like "Ok, I can do this" I'm not as afraid since I'm getting some great practice in. I’m feeling great and at times I don’t even feel pregnant which is amazing. I love feeling the baby kick, I know I have said that, but I will probably continue to say it. Max never moved that much and I’m thinking this little boy is going to be a mover in the belly which as of right now I hope so and am looking forward to it. I’m sure I will take that back when I’m not sleeping and he is in my rib cage, but as of now…those our my thoughts. Hope your all having a great start to your week.
Take care and chat with you all later.
5 comments:
Way to go Max. That is a great accomplishment - even if it is just a start.
Wow! I am so happy for Max, and for you! I hope he keeps it up! I can't wait for Charlie to want to go...he refuses right now....ugh...Oh and isn't the Olympia Museum so cool?!
And congrats for being halfway through your pregnancy, June is sneeking up on us...have you thought of any names yet??
I love that pic of max on the piano, with his dress up clothes. A child prodigy! Am I really that much taller than you?
erin
So exciting.
Yay for Max... I know first hand just how exciting it is to be potty training and getting out of those diapers. I had Cristian potty trained before Ava was born (we had about 5 months with no diapers at all!) And Ava has all of a sudden been telling me when she has to go potty, I think I might have my 2nd child out of diapers in no time. So I hear your excitement!! Hip Hip Hooray for pottying on the toilet.
Post a Comment