Friday, February 29, 2008

Retreat...

I'm sitting all ready to go away for the weekend. I am really looking forward to some down time to relax and eat out without a 2 year old. I'm going to a womens retreat through SOMA, the church we are currently attending in Tacoma. Thought it would be a great way to get to know some new people.

In other news, Max and I celebrated over ice cream the other night that he went pee-pee on the potty 5 times, 5 times....isn't that great? We thought so and what better way to celebrate than with ICE CREAM! We are really excited in this new development of his potty training. I know this brings in a new world of challenges, but to get the hard stuff in before baby Cole comes home would be most helpful.

As far as pregnancy goes, I'm feeling good! My belly is getting bigger each week (pictures to come in the next few weeks) and I'm feeling him move around a lot more. Its so funny to watch your belly move and know that there is a little baby in there. I bought a couple things this week, nothing really exciting, pacifiers, a very cute knitted blanket and a protective crib sheet. I figured I would start slowly buying things instead of one big shopping trip at the end. When your pregnant you'r mind is automatically thinking future...I keep thinking July and September are right around the corner which is funny to me. It is still crazy to me that in 4 short months we will be adding to our family and meeting this precious little baby boy. I'm anxious, excited, and anticipating Maxwell's thoughts of his brother and how he will treat him. Of course I'm very curious to find out how are day to day routine will be. The unknown is always a little scary, but exciting too. I know many people have done and do this all the time but when life change is about to happen for you...its so different. I'm grateful that we have many family and friends to help us out which is so nice. My mom isn't working anymore so she is planning on coming up after Loren goes back to work to hang out with us for a bit which will be a tone of fun. When Max was born we laughed so hard that we peed our pants...more than one time...it was funny. Most of the laughs were from jokes about the breast pump which we thought and still think is so funny.

I'm taking my camera this week so I will hope to post some pictures when I return. I still can't believe the March is tomorrow, WOW! Time is flying by! We have really been enjoying the great weather we have had and it makes us anticipate Spring and Summer so much more!

Enjoy your weeknd and I will talk to you after my weekend away!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Have a great time, can't wait to see the pictures.