Before I was pregnant with Max I had always secretly hoped for a baby girl. What girl doesn’t right, cute Bows, dresses and cute little bonnets…so fun and cute, right? Pink, girly flower bedding! When I found out I was having a Boy…for some reason I was a little surprised but not disappointed because of course I knew it could go either way. I think with girls you just figure you will know exactly what they like and love since we all were little girls. I do vividly remember thanking God because I loved that he gave me something I didn’t even know I wanted. He planned and intended for me to have a boy and I rested and was excited about his plan for my life and not my own plan. So here I am 2 years later and some months w/ Max and another precious baby boy on the way and I really couldn’t be more thrilled. I was very prepared and thought through that our 2nd could be either a boy or a girl and wanted to be excited for either one and when the ultrasound tech said “Boy” I really was so happy and excited to have two boys.
Max and I in the hospital
October 2006
Boys rock and so do fire trucks, cars of all kinds, trucks, trains….anything and everything boy. Its crazy how you don’t teach them any of that boy stuff, they just learn to love it all on their own! It’s fun to live in a little boy’s world and see it through his eyes. I love it and would never trade it for anything in the world.
Baby Brother in the Belly!!!
I'm showing a lot more at this time than with Maxwell. This is my first belly picture for this pregnancy and I figured I needed to start somewhere. I love seeing people's prego pictures, I think its so cute. I like to track my growth through pictures...just not sure I will share them all. I usually decide to take the pictures at inconvience times, when no one is around and I have to prop the camera on something...hmm can I train Max to do this...that is a thought!
Ok, so there is my heart about my boys! Can't wait to meet this little one. We are still trying to figure out names. The most current name we are thinking of right now is Cole...I really like Cole Alexander Ellingson. We will see if that sticks...Loren is the final say in all of this. My favorite name is William Gordon Ellingson and we would call him Will. My maiden name is Gordon so I love the whole name, but of course Loren is not in love with it like me....Bummer, big time. Oh if the mom's could name their kids without feedback from the other person involved in this whole baby making thing life would be a little easier!
I love feedback and idea's for names, I should offer a reward for anyone who gives me a name that could work and we both agree on....hmm, another great idea.
4 comments:
LOL - My husband and I couldn't agree on names - He loves Prudence - thankfully he has over come that and we are on track now. I like both names that you have on there, but if I come across anymore I will pass them along. I really wanted a boy and when I found out I was having a girl I was a little shocked, but now I am so excited. I agree that God gives you what you didn't know you needed/wanted. Anyways I love the pictures.
Boys are great aren't they!?! I came from and all girl family (well besides my dad, bless his heart) and when i taught preschool I was always drawn to the little boys, i just loved their cuteness. And i really wanted one of my own. Boys love their mommy's so much. And how great that Max will have a buddy now for the rest of his life.
I love both names. Wade's grandpa is William and he thinks that name is the best in the world. I like how you want to put your maiden name in there, i thought about that too if i have another kiddo. I hear you though, Wade and i could never agree.....good luck! Your belly is so cute, thanks for adding that pic!
Oh, I just love pregnant belly pics too! Thanks for posting that, it is so cute. Names are tough, aren't they. I LOVE William Gordon, we were considering William Thomas (which is Kyle and my Grandpa's names.) But Kyle didn't like William (even though that's his gpa's name) I'm sure you'll come up with something you both love! Children are an awesome gift from God, aren't they! And the beauty is it doesn't matter their gender, you will LOVE whatever is given to you more than anything, and it will be perfect for your family. I sure love my boy and his "boyness" love for cars, tractors, and baseball! And I love having a little girl. I couldn't imagine my family being any other way, and am excited to see what new personality God has in store to be added to our family... boy or girl, I'll be thrilled!!
You look great! I love preggo ladies and their bellies!! God is good. It's funny because I didn't know the sex of Kyah and really wanted her to be a boy. When she was born I was very surprised and instantly couldn't believe I had wanted a boy because she is such a good fit in our family.
You'r little boy will be the perfect fit for your family. So fun.
Post a Comment