Saturday, July 05, 2008

Finally...Coles Birth!

Coles story of how he arrived... We didn't start taking pictures until I was admitted and had my epidural...I don't think you would want pictures of me without the epidural! Wow, I LOVE EPIDURAL!
Max came to say "HI" after mommy got her WONDERFUL epidural!


Ok, lets start from the beginning! Friday morning at 4:30 am I had a little water break, but no contractions. It wasn't a lot of water but for sure something. This happened last time to me when I went into labor with Max and when I got to the hospital and they check if my water has broken, it hasn't. My mom had the same thing happen in her birthing experiences too...something called the for-sak? (SP?). So we called the hospital and they said to head on in and we took our time and got there around 7am or so. I started having mild contractions but nothing painful. I was only dilated to a 2 so they wanted me to walk around to see if I progressed at all, but after a couple hours nothing changed. My doctor even had me get a full ultrasound to waste some time, which was fun. I was contracting on a regular basis but no change so I couldn't be admitted to the hospital. Not to mention that they were way understaffed due to A LOT of babies being born. We went home to labor at 11:30am which was a little scary because my only gage on when to come back is pain since my contractions were 3-5 minutes a part already. I went to my friend Andrea's house, she lives on the water which was a beautiful place to labor for a bit. Loren was timing them and they were coming every 2 minutes a part and were getting more intense. We headed back to the hospital at 3pm and I was for sure in labor but only dilated to a 3 and my first request was "I want on the list for the epidural...STAT". After getting hooked up I got into the tub and labored there for I don't know how long, but too long because the pain got a lot worse and knowing that I had to sit through the epidural was scaring me, not because of the needle but because they tell you "Sit still, don't move and Relax"...now keep in mind...you are in the worst PAIN of your LIFE and they are dealing with your SPINE that could possibly paralyze you if you move at all...GREAT...yah, really thrilling, but whatever I have to do to get rid of the pain...DO IT! So I have to say that was probably the worst part of the whole labor and if you have been there and done that...you know what I'm talking about. After the epidural I was at an 8 and shortly after that was at a 10 and ready to push. I pushed for 20 minutes compared to 1-1/2 with Maxwell and Cole was born.


We are ready!

It was a wonderful experience, though there was some serious, crazy pain, but what labor would be without that? I feel very lucky to have such great pregnancy's and labors...no complications.


Here are some of the pictures throughout our stay.

The last few pictures of the Ellingson family as 3!

First few minutes of meeting Cole...wonderful!

Not too thrilled in this picture. It must be hard having to go through what he did!
Loving being on this side of labor...

Our beautiful baby Cole!
Dr. Nelson...was so happy she got to deliver Cole!
Max meeting baby brother
Moms job...staring at her new bundle of JOY!

Cutie...
Max spending some time with baby brother!
Sweet picture...
Look familiar? Like Maxwells going home picture...
On our way home...the New and Improved Ellingson Family!

6 comments:

Diana and James said...

I love birthing stories! I think that is a passion I gained after having my own. It is so special telling the story of life, and ho it began. I love all of your beautiful pictures. I wish I could have my makeup done before I go into labor, but honestly, I would sweat it all off. So really all I want is for Nelson to deliver, and maybe a quick delivery like my last one! Cole is such a cutie, I love all of his pictures. I am happy I can stay home soon and we can spend many days together walking it off.

Thanks for sharing. Diana

Mama G said...

I LOVE the pic of big brother looking at little brother, what fun you are going to have with those two cuties! I loved hearing your birth stories. The same thing happened to me with Charlie. I was in the tub things started going really fast and I wanted the epidural asap, then I got it and it was so hard to sit still, but THANK THE LORD for them, and when mine was done I was at almost a 9 and quickly a 10 and Charlie was born not long after that. If I have another baby i'm calling in my edipural on my way to the hospital! Good job, and what a great reward! WELCOME COLE!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Pain!! OUCH...Epidural!! YIPPEE...

Good job, you made it and have a beautiful boy. Can't wait to meet the little guy. I have a couple summer outfits that Easton wore for like a minute if you are interested :)

Mel

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your story! That's great you had such a smooth delivery (and like you said, some pain probably had to be involved... but we crazy mom's know that going into it and yet do it anyway...over and over and then over again :-)

Sean, Angela & Ava said...

I love to hear the birthing stories now that I've gone through it. I can appreciate it more :-) Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so glad you had a great delivery and YAH Dr. Nelson got to deliver Cole. Love her!!! Love the pictures too. Priceless!

McCray Family said...

OH WOW do I remember the pain! Yuck! But the good news is that it is over and you had a great delivery! COngrats again, and we can't wait to meet him! Enjoy these early days, they fly by so fast with 2 at home!