I love Saturday mornings! Especially when my run is behind me! Don't get me wrong I love running but sometimes during my run I hate it. Running like any form of exercise is such a love/hate relationship. I love running when I have done it! Sometimes I will be running up a huge hill and wonder "What the heck am I doing and how am I going to run 13.1 miles?" Though I have realized that in the midst of a difficult part of my run I know later in the day I will reflect back and wish I was running...I know it sounds weird that I think that, but often I will be driving and wish...wish I was running! Who knew? Running is such a release for me! I got to go running with a friend of mine this morning and it was so nice. I have a fear of running with people because I am not a fast running by any means, but I have accepted that. My fear of running with others is because I don't want someone to take the joy of running away from me and have them push me to an uncomfortable place and make me hate my run. I realize that the few people that I have run with are very encouraging and totally supportive! It's great that people will run and slow their pace down for me. I am overcoming my fear of running with my friends who are more experienced and faster then me. The hill that I struggled with last week...well I faced it this week with my friend Kate's encouragement and I made it up it...it was hard but so exciting to work on something that I struggled through last week. Running has been a great time to also listen to my worship music and pray...sounds kind of crazy but I try to use it as a time to talk to God and focus on things. I am often asking God for strength as I am running up a big hill! Believe it or not...it helps!
I am hoping to get some good runs in when I am down at the Oregon Coast this next week. It's flat there but hope to find some nice, relaxing, long runs! Do those three words sound like an oxymoron?!?!?
13 years ago
4 comments:
Ummm, WHO are you? I am so dang impressed with you. Good job, Mo!!! Just... wow!!! I hate running, but you kind of inspire me to try it out again down the road! :)
I TOTALLY can relate with the love/hate relationship with running! I think it has a lot to do with the endorphins that make you want that feeling of the "post run"... not to mention it is ALONE time :)
I really like loading up my ipod with sermons and listening to Chuck Missler, Ken Ortize or Jon Courson (Mark Driscoll if I'm feeling really wild!).
Way to go with the half marathon!!! You are awesome. I would love to do that sometime :)
Love this post...so proud of you for working through all of your emotions!! You will be great!
To me it sounds like an oxymoron... because I HATE running. So the words nice and relaxing definitely don't come to mind when I think of running... but I know so many people who completely disagree with me. A lot of mom's LOVE it because it's a chance to get out and have some "you" time
Post a Comment