I was thinking of what to post and tried to find some pictures but realized the only pictures that I have taken are of our rental house since our life has been consumed with that the last month. God is good and we have new renters that moved in this weekend and the house was clean and ready for them! Wow...I hope they are there for a while. Our own house has been neglected due to all the time that has gone into getting that house ready. The previous tenant was there for 6 years and the house was a DISASTER and DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY!!! I don't think the women cleaned in the 6 years she was there! We had about 48 hours to turn it around for the new tenants and we did but it was A LOT of work. Glad we are past that and can move on. I for sure learned a lot about what to do this next time! Now back to our house and the simple life that I usually lead. You sure don't appreciate the simplicity of your life until you are taken away for a time and brought back again. My runs have saved me along with my husband who has helped out a ton to balance things at our house. I have so many loads of clean laundry to fold! I love that this week is a simple one that will consist of Max going to school, gym, cleaning our house and not much else...except for more of the same.
The highlight...I leave next week for our annual bible study retreat down in Gearhart, OR. This year I am REALLY looking forward to it and can't wait to see the sea grass blowing in the wind and the open ocean and the sand at my feet...oh I love Gearhart! I am also excited to go on a few long runs, some tennis and eating at my all time favorite restaurant where everything you eat is amazing...The Pacific Way Cafe! YUMMY! I have about a week or so to get the house ready for my departure...so I guess it's not that easy of week.
The boys are doing well. Cole should be getting his top teeth any day now, but as anyone with kids...I have thought that for the last month so who knows when they will really appear. Max only has 3 weeks of school left. He had his first swimming lessons last month which he loved. I am loving the age that Max is at and hating it at the same time...if you have a 3 year old I know you know what I am talking about. All I can say is 2 is a breeze next to 3...I didn't believe but now I am a true believer...why...why is 3 so hard! The best and the worst! Max says the funniest things and is a huge helper to me, but also can be the most difficult person in my life! I cherish the good moments and laugh at the things he says and all the he grasps. Its fun to see him play with his friends and watch him learn new things. It's crazy to see your child grow up right in front of you...amazing really. Cole is at such a fun age and I love seeing him watch Max. He is a very good baby and I can't believe in less then 2 months he is going to be one! That was a fast year.
And the SUN...I am loving the SUN! Who knew how much weather could change things. I have loved running with no jacket or gloves. Running in the nice weather is amazing. I have so thankful that Loren has been so supportive of my running. I have been doing my long runs on Saturday morning and have so enjoyed it. I did the 5 mile drive at Pt. Defiance last week and then did my longest run yet of 10 miles this last Saturday. I had planned to do 8, but once I mapped it, it was a 9 miler and when I got close to home and was at 9.5 I ran up and down my street to get 10! I was exhausted and again thankful for 8 more weeks of training. I think running is such a humbling experience and the moment I think I have it down and can run forever...I go on a long run and it kills me and I am thankful for the time I have before the race in June. I am also excited to train and get better...it's fun to see improvement with every run. I am also so excited that I have a new running buddy....my Garmin Forerunner! AWESOME and has really helped me! Thank you Melanie for all my questions on my new running companion! My mom and I drove the course for the half marathon last week and I am so glad I did! The run is very doable and not many hills which will be very nice. My training ground is all hills so a long run with few hills will be PERFECT. Running 10 miles and driving the course so I can anticipate the half has made me feel so much more confident. I am really enjoying the training as it allows me some "ME" time and also has helped me shed all the the pregnancy weight!!! That is the best feeling ever!
It's sunny outside and I am loving it!
13 years ago
5 comments:
Soo proud of you Jill. The Garmin is AMAZING!! I keep meaning to drive the course, I think it will help me mentally prepare...hmmm can you mentally prepare for 26 miles? Not sure yet.
GReat work on 10 miles!! You are WAY ahead of schedule.
Nice to have youe life back to normal..
Congrats Jill! Your running amazes me. I never understood not taking care of a rental. When we rented we had our carpets cleaned at least once a month and took care of the yard and what not. I hope the new renters take care of your place. :)
Oh Alisha...I wish more people like you could rent our house...not sure why people don't take care of their home. Hopeing these people do take care of it. Thanks for your encourgment with the running!
And Mel...no I don't think you can prepare mentally for 26.2 miles...it's crazy! You are going to do AMAZING!
Jill, I love that you refer to running as one of the most humbling experiences. It truly is because it's so much more work than it sounds!
I remember praying a lot during my training and it turned into such a spiritual discipline. Definitely use that time to bring things to the Lord. After all, running is so much easier when you have someone to talk to :)
I'm super proud of you and happy for you that you got someone into the house! Way to go. I love you so much!
Jill - Congratulations on your running! That is so great. I love to hear about new fellow runners! We'll have to go for a run sometime :-) Keep up the good work. Running is wonderful! Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment