Friday, April 03, 2009

Oh my gosh...I did it!

A little secret...I have always wanted to run a marathon! It's one of those things that I have never thought I could do so in turn I have wanted to do it. Well I am one step closer!

After thinking about it forever and debating it I finally registered for the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle - 1/2 Marathon! A few things about all of this...I had wanted to do it earlier but have a wedding I am coordinating that day and didn't think it could work, but it turned out the wedding is in the evening and so I could do it. Well then when I my schedule opened up but then I got scared to commit! Funny how that happens! The idea of paying money to run is a little crazy to me but when you have had something in your head for so long you might as well go for it. My mom is going to run the Portland Marathon in October 09' which I would have loved to do with her but with just having a baby, nursing and being heavier I didn't think it was realistic. I have been running for a little while now and will start my official training on Monday! I am really excited to be working towards something and getting closer to a goal of mine. It will be a great test to see if I love it or hate it. We will see! I hope it becomes an addiction of mine. It's a great start for me! Oh my gosh...I can't believe this! Oh and another thing...My mom is going to run it with me. Can't wait! Another motivator has been seeing some of my friends who have signed up for this too! Melanie was going to to the 1/2 but with all her training has decided to step-it up and do the full! So I am not only excited for myself but my friends that will be there too. GROUP PHOTO for sure!

6 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Good for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your training.

Alisha said...

Wow that is great! Good Luck!

Mrs. Vor said...

That is awesome, Jill! You will do great.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Yippee!! Welcome to the journey. Can't wait for us all to reach our goals..

Elaina E. Bruhn said...

Good for you, I hope one day, maybe! Ehh, probably not! Hehehe Your pictures are looking amazing, you are doing great with the camera!

The Scheuffele Family said...

Wow, that is great! I don't know that I could ever pull that off! Good for you!