Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I was a really GOOD MOM before I had kids!

I would highly recommend this book if:
  1. If you are a mom, want to be a mom, know a mom or just want insight into a mothers world.
  2. Enjoy browsing Costco & Target aisles by yourself as your "Special" time.
  3. Worry about what snacks you will bring to preschool since you are the snack parent.
  4. You can't remember the last time you showered without two (or more) eyes on you.
  5. You refer to the bathroom as "the potty"

I was returning some items at Costco yesterday without the kids and thought hey I will walk around slowly since I have no kids and no plan. I love to look at the books at Costco since they have so many great ones and I stumbled on this one. (Quick side note: I had recorded Oprah since it was about moms and all that goes with being a mom. I started watching it but only got about 2 minutes in due to Loren wanting to watch the mariners game. What I did see was a book called "I'd Trade my husband for a Housekeeper" which I thought sounded funny and was anxious to watch the rest of Oprah later on.) So as I am enjoying my "Me" time I saw the book Oprah had talked about and then noticed the book pictured above and read the back and started laughing. I don't typically by these kind of books but I had to get it. I almost showed it to the stranger next to me because I figured any women would get a kick out of it...I didn't but I was close. I got it last night and only have a 2 more chapters to read and I am not a fast reader. It's so funny and I can totally relate to so much of the stuff they talk about it. If you want a laugh and to hear from other mothers and struggles with making life work with kids...highly recommend it. It's laid out a great and has these funny little quizzes in the beginning of every chapter. Fun stuff!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

The Scheuffele Family said...

A co-worker just gave me the same book! I think it's hilarious...and I've barely started this parenting thing! :)

The McGuires said...

I will definitely have to read it! That is hilarious. I do all of the things on the list. Target is totally my escape.

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Okay we are THRILLED that you are liking our book! Thanks so much....hope "I'd Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper" strikes the same chord. XO

Amy Nobile & Trisha Ashworth

Jill said...

Who wrote that...that is funny! I really doubt the authors of the book are reading my blog!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll have to read that Jill, thanks for the reccomendation!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Wouldn't that be funny if they were =) I totally looked for that book at costco when I was there yesterday and didn't see it.