I looked for a picture with a stroller but couldn't find one, but these work too! Yes, that's right Max and I ventured out today to do some early Christmas shopping...in November, yes that's right! I honestly didn't think I would get much done due to the fact that my friend and I went out the other night and um yah I will admit it...I bought most everything for me! But I needed boots, and sock, and earrings! I really did, 3 pairs of shoes where purchased, but really its not that bad, I needed them all...yes I did. Oh wait I did buy some cologne for Loren at his requests, I could oblige!!
I must admit that I hate crowds and crowded parking lots, I kind of get overwhelmed! Well not kind of... I do. The pressure of getting in line before it gets crazy, not having products in stock that I want...oh the idea of it doesn't put me much in the Christmas spirit. Not too mention that my favorite radio station only plays Christmas music after Thanksgiving, I do love Christmas but also don't need to be bombarded with Christmas songs all month long...am I alone with that thought? Boy I am getting off track, but isn’t that what blogging is? Anyways back to me and my amazing, proud day today. In the history of my life I really don't think I have even thought about Christmas shopping until December...thought about it in the early part but actually did the shopping a couple weeks before. Realizing that things are going to get a little crazy after Thursday (Thanksgiving) I decided I had an open day and figured might as well go try.
I was really happy when I stepped foot in the mall and saw Santa, again wasn't even thinking pictures with Santa this early but no line and remembering my 2 hour in line experience last year that ended up with a crying baby in the picture, guess you always have one of those! I decided to make a quick call to Loren and he agreed it was a great idea! So happy me quickly ran up to Santa picked out what package of pictures I wanted and was happy to hand a smiling Max over to Santa to have a no crying child, happy to see Santa. I was really lucky until the perfectionist side of me came out and had to fix his Boston shirt so it was straight, obviously that wasn’t important to Santa! After that Max lost it probably because he thought I was going to leave him with this guy. With the crying and only one picture being taken before the crying started I decided to accept it. The workers their said it was really cute, they obviously don't have good taste, Max wasn't even looking at the camera or Santa so I declined to take it which they said was totally fine. So though my morning didn't start off perfect it ended on a great note due to all I accomplished after that. I walked into a toy store to see if there was anything for Max's birthday which I found a Mr. Potato head and a school bus! Score, not sure who is going to have more fun with Mr. Potato head, me or Max? Does it matter though? Boy I am really rambling...hmmmm.
After that I went and found more gifts, keep in mind I honestly had no idea who or what I was buying but I totally scored and thought I was really creative and found some great things for numerous people and even got things for those people that I never know what to get for them! I felt so accomplished feeling it motivated me to come home and do my first Christmas order online at Amazon. A real treat was $.99 gift wrap for each gift, HELLO I will take it! Wheww...I feel so proud of myself. So I might be lazy when it comes to putting clothes away or unloading the dishwasher, but Christmas shopping...not a chance. I really think I have 40% of it done!
So proud...so proud.
Thanks for letting me ramble. Merry Christmas and good luck to all of you with your shopping...oh boy it can be challenging!
1 comment:
LOL, you are so funny. You are not alone, I have also begun my Christmas shopping, but I tend to get about 75-90% of it done before Thanksgiving. I'm not one to go battle the crowds just to save some more money, it drives me crazy to be around all those "MAD" shoppers, LOL. Oh, and my kids are totally getting their pics taken with santa tomorrow... we should get together soon! Merry Christmas, and happy shopping. A Girl Does Love to SHOP!!
Post a Comment