Cathy was such a gift to all who knew her. The last 6 months we missed her at bible study. Cathy was one of the ladies who were with us when we started our girls bible study. Her faith was amazing and she would say she was healed through her cancer. To watch her faith grow as she went through this difficult battle is something that will always remain with me. All who knew her will always remember the amazing memories we have of her. I loved her honesty, her love for her family and her love for Jesus Christ.
It’s very rare that you are able to share with someone what their life has meant to you and I was lucky enough to be able to share with Cathy what her life has meant to me and to assure her that her story does not stop here and we will be able to share it with others after she is gone from this earth. Sadness for her is not what I feel today, sadness for those of us who will miss her until we see her again in HEAVEN. I keep wondering today what she is doing in Heaven now. What was it like to see Jesus and meet him for the first time…I can only imagine. It’s good to know that she has no more pain and is free of all the hardships this world brings. She is FREE and is full of JOY and PEACE…I live for that moment and is has become more real to me knowing Cathy and her story and just how short life is…it’s just a moment.
The most important thing I have learned in the last week and I am always reminded of this when someone passes…Life is short and material things don’t matter one bit. It doesn’t matter what house I lived in, what car I drove, what shoes I was wearing…in the end it doesn’t matter at all. What does matter is did my life impact people; did I do what God intended for my life, did I please him? I look forward to meeting God one day! I look forward to living a life for him and having NO regrets. Jesus came on this earth to teach us, he died on the cross so we could be FORGIVEN of our SINS; he rose again so we could have NEW LIFE and all we have to do is simply REPENT and BELIVE, that’s it. God is Good.
Life is but a moment, eternity with Christ is what I want to live and look forward to. Thank you Cathy for allowing your life to speak to me and for being such a faithful believer. You will always be remembered! We love you…
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but what a comforting feeling knowing that she's now in the presence of the Lord. She sounds like an amazing woman.
Hi Jill,
You commented on my blog, thank you! I too have lost someone recently and it's an amazing journey- that greiving process (stay tuned on my blog, I have something to share about that soon)....
I am Angela's friend-met her at church in Sumner, we lived in Sumner for two years until about 8 months ago until we moved to the South.
Thanks for connecting...
Kim
She sounds so wonderful! I will be thinking about you and praying for your comfort. Miss you!
Post a Comment