Sunday, February 15, 2009

What I love about having a 3 year old named Max...



  1. He has started helping me with things around the house and loves it.

  2. Today I was putting laundry away and he LOVED putting his own laundry away and kept asking for more...LOVE IT!

  3. He sing "Jesus Loves Me" all by himself...doesn't that melt your heart?

  4. He makes Cole laugh like no one else! Melts my heart again...so sweet.

  5. He will want to go play with a girl and he says " I want to go see him" I think it's funny...he refers to girls as him, his...he doesn't see the difference.

  6. He pees standing up and is getting good at keeping the pee in the potty! LOVE IT!

  7. He helps me with Cole!

  8. He can crawl in and out of his own car seat and the car.

  9. He loves to dress himself.

  10. He is such a cutie pie!

  11. He makes me smile and laugh like no other person can.

  12. I don't have to change his diapers anymore! SCORE!

  13. He loves everything boy!

  14. He looks cute in anything he wears!!!

  15. He loves playing with his friends and going to people's houses

  16. He says thank you for the sweetest, funniest things...example...I washed his blankets and he says "Oh thank you mommy" I buy apples and he says" You bought an apple for me, oh thank you mommy" I make his bed...same thing...I love it and it makes me laugh because it isn't for the fun things I buy him, but for simple everyday things! Who knew??

  17. He loves gumballs!

  18. He loves his family and get so excited to see them.

  19. Everything was last night even when it was months ago.

  20. Says things like "When I get older I am going to go on the treadmill" When I get older I am going to drive that big truck"

Things I don't love so much about having a 3 year old:



  1. He has to do everything himself which takes WAY more time!

  2. He has a hard time sitting down at dinner and eating.

  3. I have to take him to the bathroom a lot...love that he is potty trained but makes it tough to stop when we are in the car. Pros and Cons

  4. He repeats a lot...dangerous!

  5. NO...I hear that word ALL the time.

  6. Very OCD with Cole and Cole's toys...who knew!

  7. He loves to help around the house which is good but can be frustrating too! Putting dirty dishes back in the cupboard and putting dirty clothes in his drawers!!! Thanks but let mommy help you with that!

  8. He asks for specific food, but then doesn't eat it? What is up with this?

  9. I buy him a meal when we are out and then doesn't touch it...so hard! I hate wasting money.

Max is such a great kid for so many reasons! I could go on and on about all the good things he does. I was thinking to today when we were doing laundry how nice it is at this age when he wants to help and does such a good job at it. I know he won't always like helping mom, but I love it now. He says the funniest thing and is so cute. This age they are picking up so much stuff as far as words and site's...I can't believe the things he understands and remembers. I love hearing him sing songs that he has learned at school and church. Its such a joy to see him smile and be happy and excited about things.

5 comments:

Mama G said...

So fun to get this down so you can look back later...and glad the cons outweigh the pros!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

It is truly a wonderful age...and I am sure before we know it they little guys wont do all those sweet cute things. Funny how a pro can also be a con. Great list!!

Mel

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog! Max is such a cutie!!!

Diana and James said...

Thanks for sharing Jill. I loved reading about Max, since I barley ever get to see him. Love Ya!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I loved reading this post! Ava always refers to things in the past as "yesterday" ... very similar to Max's "Last Night" Very cute.