Sunday, September 09, 2007

What a great time! Looking forward to 2017...

Some of our planning committee as we started getting ready...only a few hours before the gig starts!
This night was a long time in the planning and it paid off on Friday night, 9/7/07 at 7pm for our 10 year reunion, Class of 1997! It was a beautiful day and such an enjoyable night catching up with past classmates. The only down side was the sound in Union Station, the use of a microphone is next to imposable if you actually want people to hear you! But other than that everything went amazing. We actually had to push people out the door so we could get out of there on time. My parents helped out w/ registration and photography. I thought it was so funny that my dad told a friend "I only recognize like 5 people" I was laughing when I heard that, though he didn't graduate with the class he did know all of my friends. People say a 10 year reunion is the least fun, maybe I will agree at our 20 year after I have something to compare it to but my experience is it was a blast and everyone was very friendly and mingled all night long. A lot of people met up afterwards and hung out in t-town. I hope to stay connected with some of the people since I have missed them and have totally been curious as to what they have been doing for the past 10 years. I can say I got to see everyone I wanted to and only wish the night could have lasted a little longer. Good times had by all. The best compliment when you plan a party like this or any other is that people have fun and enjoy themselves, that totally happened and I could not be happier. People loved it and told us that, even guest of classmates told us that and the vendors that helped out said they had never seen and event like this run so smoothly…complement taken and appreciated. Finally I can stop dreaming about this and that’s not a joke… A few of us on the committee have been dreaming about the reunion. I will miss our monthly meetings or should I see seeing everyone that helped plan it, I won’t necessarily miss the meeting aspect. I feel like I made new connections with past classmates and I think we will be keeping in touch. Oh and Loren made a new friend too…my BFF, Angela and I brought our husbands and they were able to connect…so perfect. We will be meeting at PF Changs for dinner soon.
A great night of memories…it will always be remembered!

Loren and I before the guest where about to arrive! Getting excited...

Aaron, Kevin and I enjoying the party. They were part of the committee as well.
BFF, Angela and I...Thanks Nate for taking our pictures. Do you like our nametags with our senior pictures? Loved that...
Oh Steph and I...Love this girl. We were best friends all through Jr. High and High School...
Katie, Deirdre and I...great friends...D and I were Tennis buddies too.
Jeanna and went all through school together...Elementry and up...so fun cathing up with her. A lot of fun memeoris.
Erin and I enjoying a lot of laughs. We actually became great friend after high school. One of my dearest friends...lovin her!Cesily, Erin and I at the end of the evening.
Erin, me, Deirdre, Michelle and Jeanna
The girls...Sara, me and Steph we have so many funny memories and more to come as we have set up monthly get together so we don't miss out anymore. Next event for us...Old School night...we are going to go visit our old stomping grounds...Sumner, yep should be a fun tonight.

Goodnight...had a great time...see you in another 10 years...PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

Mama G said...

Great pics!!! I almost felt like i was there! You looked beautful by the way! Looks like you had a blast and reconnected with a lot of people. All your hard work payed off....just wish I could have been there to see it all:)