13 years ago
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Getaways....
A wonderful time to relax and getaway! Loren and I had a quick but lovely get away this past weekend to Orcas Island where we celebrated 6 years of being married. We went to this amazing B&B that my mom recommended and it was AMAZING, it's called The Inn on Orcas Island. We have never stayed at a B&B but we will for sure be doing that more often. What I love about it is you feel like you are in a very nice, comfortable house and they serve you breakfast that you would never make yourself, so you feel spoiled. One of my favorite things they did is they left fresh, homeade chocolate chip cookies on your bed daily and they were so yummy. Besides this amazing B&B the Island was BEAUTIFUL and so PEACEFUL. We got very little cell service which is what you need when you really want to getaway. We also went to the most amazing dinner at this other little INN on the other side of town that was probably one of the best meals I have ever had. With all the wonderful sights and amazing food the best part was just being able to spend time with Loren. I highly recommend a short getaway for any couple and especially when you have kids, it’s crucial for your marriage to spend a few days just the two of you. I’m so grateful that we have great family and friends who are so willing and happy to take Maxwell. Pictures will be posted a little later but I wanted to touch base since it’s been a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves! Kyle and I are coming up on our anniversary too in December. We're going to spend the weekend in Seattle (my mom and dad are taking the kids) we're going to do dinner, go to the theatre, and do some christmas shopping. You're right, it is important to still find "couple" time, especially once you've had kids. Speaking of which, are you guys thinking about baby #2 yet?
Post a Comment