Saturday, May 24, 2008

Retreat 2008! It was a HOT one!

Another great year in Gearhart, OR for our annual "Bible Study Retreat". Each year it gets better and bigger. This year we couldn't all fit in the house and had to split up and some some of us stayed in these really cute cottages! They were adorable and I am so glad I decided to stay there! We read the book "Authentic Faith" by Gary Thomas and it was amazing. If you have never read one of his books...check them out. He is an amazing author, an easy read and very meaty! If that all makes sense! Andrea spoke about the book and our theme was "Defiant Beauty" which Gary refers to in the book. Wonderful weekend learning more about ourselves and the struggles that life can bring and how God can work through those times and bring us to an even better understanding of who he is through our struggles.
We had almost double the people this year. It was a wonderful weekend of hanging out with some of my best girlfriends and getting to know people better. I look forward to this weekend all year long. It's not only a fun weekend to get away, but also a great time to be at the beach. We were surprised to get down to the coast and have very warm weather. Friday it reached almost 100 and it was COOKING...how often do you go to the beach and have that kind of weather on the Oregon Coast? We were shocked!
Andrea speaking at our first session. She is an amazing speaker and I'm not just saying that because she is my best friend. God has gifted her with it!
Me, Andrea and my cousin Beccy
Some more of the ladies listening...

On our way down...
Yummy lunch at our favorite Cafe "Pacific Way". Patricia and I Megs and Railene
Patricia and Pam R.
Karen, Pam F. and Marilyn

Andrea, Me and Cathy
Eileen, Sandy, Diane and Linda
How many pregnancy pictures do you actually like? I thought this was a nice one.
Classic style of picture taking for me....Teri and I Getting ready to take the group picture
My "Sista" in-law. She is amazing and came this year to our retreat and played the guitar...loved it!

Megs and Cathy
Angela, Andrea, Patricia and Cathy
We are fun ladies!
Teri and I as we are getting ready to depart for home!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a great weekend! That pregnancy picture that you like is adorable! Can't believe you only have 4 weeks left... LUCKY YOU!

McCray Family said...

WOW! 29 days to go, oh my! I am sure you are so excited! Great pics and glad you got away for fun, you will need to stock up on alone time before the baby!

Sean, Angela & Ava said...

The pregnancy picture you love is so cute!! I can't believe you are so close to meeting Cole! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet him too. I hope you and your family are doing well!
The retreat looked like a really fun time!!
P.S. Now I know who star2477 is :-)

Mrs. Vor said...

You are adorable. I need to see the belly up close. =)